Friday, July 10, 2015

Recovered Memories

I didn't get much sleep last night. Coughing fits, tossing and turning. I'm currently bunkered down at an SIA safehouse, the same one I was brought too after my return from The Black Forest. One of the keys on the ring with my car key unlocked one of the doors, and thankfully it did. This seems like the only safe place for me to be right now.

I promised I would start explaining things. The best place to begin would be with when I entered The Path. Yes, I truly was there for nearly an entire month. I did feel some physical pain, as I expected to after everything The Count told me. Surprisingly, after only about a week, the pain didn't bother me. The Count's gifts of food and drink helped keep me going. I saw Him multiple times while travelling, but not once did he come after me. I can't say for sure, but it seems like Kendall and Celeste's theory about having a constant did work.

One interesting thing, though, about that place. I know from what others have said in their encounters on The Path that it almost seems like you are walking in nothing, but for some reason, I was able to see everything and everywhere. It was almost like a series of caves, yet the walls, floor, and roof of these supposed caves all seemed to give off an eerie glow, vibrating with every step I took. Almost as if the entire Path was an entity of its own, like it was alive somehow.

On the last day, when The Count was supposed to come and get me, I woke up and found I was already gone from The Path. I thought maybe The Count had already taken me from there, but that wasn't the case. I saw that I was outside somewhere. Couldn't tell if it was day or night, mainly because there was so much fog anywhere. I got up and started walking, and that's when I noticed that something was missing.

My mask, my hoodie, and my ring. My three constants were missing, and I knew I was no longer safe. Was I in a different realm of His? No, it couldn't be, unless there was something more about Him that none of us knew. I kept walking through the fog, and I slowly began to realize that it wasn't a place of His. It was something different.

That's when I remembered, what happened to my sister, Kay. The fog. It was a sign of an equally evil entity. A few seconds later, part of the fog cleared up in front of me, and that's when I saw it. The Bleeding Tree. Those eyes, they saw right through me into my soul, every single one of them. And the leeches. Just as disgusting as Kay described them. I thought of trying to run, but I knew it would be pointless. Not in this place.

I lost all concept of time while in the presence of The Tree. Not only that, but even when I thought of trying to run and get away, something stopped me. Almost like I was paralyzed. All I could do was think to myself. After what seemed like almost an eternity, I found myself looking at The Tree. Its eyes were closed. I don't know why, but I thought this could be my chance. I managed to get up and start running. I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't care. I kept running, and eventually, I saw a clearing in the fog. I made my way there, hoping it was perhaps the way out.

It was, sort of. I found myself at the SIA safehouse. I wasn't sure how I ended up there, but that didn't matter. I entered, hoping to speak to The Count, but nobody was there. I didn't want to leave, but I had to let him know I was still alive. I immediately went to one of the computers and was ready to start typing up an entry. As I started loading up the page, I felt a burning sensation on the back of my neck. I reached to massage it as an ease, but there was something there that I pulled off.

A leech. I wasn't safe at all. As quickly as I could, I typed up whatever I could and hit publish, hoping it would go through in time. All the while, I kept feeling more burning sensations on my body. I looked down and saw more leeches. Covering nearly my entire body. The last thing I remembered that that point was seeing the eyes on one of those leeches. In that leech's eyes, I saw The Tree, staring at me.

The next memory I have after that was from when I posted my first entry on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment